It’s almost Spring, which means that milder weather is approaching! It’s still a little chilly until May, but the April rates are cheaper, which makes a trip to Seattle extremely affordable at this time. Here’s a list of the things you can add to your calendar for exploring Seattle in the Spring!
Here are the top 10 ways to enjoy a fantastic weekend in Seattle:
- The Space Needle – This iconic 605’ structure provides amazing sights. Marvel at 360 degree views, including Mount Rainier, boats and ferries in Puget Sound, the cityscape and beyond.
- Museum of Popular Culture – The “MoPop” celebrates popular culture through interactive exhibits and educational programs. Learn about the evolution of Rock and Roll, including Seattle’s own Nirvana, and Jimi Hendrix
- The Great Wheel – This towering Ferris Wheel stands 175 feet high, at Pier 57 on Elliott Bay. Enjoy the panoramic views year-round from enclosed, climate controlled gondolas.
- The Seattle Cherry Blossom Festival (Japanese Cultural Festival) — Held each year in April, this is a wonderful family event, and a three-day celebration that thousands of people have enjoyed throughout the years. This year it’s April 20th through 22nd, located at the Seattle Center.
- Chinatown – Spend an afternoon in downtown Seattle’s International District. Shaped by the many Asian cultures that settled here in the 1880’s, you’ll find a vast array of restaurants, shops and festivals.
- Pioneer Square – Considered the “birthplace” of Seattle, explore this exciting and energetic spot in the city’s south west corner. Take in the architecture and art, restaurants, boutiques and nightlife.
- Seattle Aquarium – This waterfront aquarium is one of the most visited in the country. You’ll see hundreds of species of birds, fish, marine animals and invertebrates.
- Pikes Place Market – One of the city’s most popular attractions, the aisles of this vibrant market are teeming with fresh produce, restaurants, handmade jewelry and gifts. Just watch out for those airborne fish!
- Washington State Ferries – Seattle’s ferry system operates a multitude of vessels, carrying both passengers and automobiles in and around Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands.
- Seattle Art Museum – Highlights include European masterpieces , Native American carvings, Asian art and contemporary works from Andy Warhol and Jackson Pollack.
Now get out there and enjoy! And of course, let us know if you’d like to spend your weekend exploring homes and rental properties!
— Kim & Yvonne